Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Homemade Irish Cream

Prior to St. Patty's day a co-worker and I were conversing about several Irish recipes - mainly Corned Beef and Cabbage. He had told me that a dear friend of his always made sure to have him for over for dinner and some good ol' homemade irish cream. Me, being me, was shocked that someone would actually go out of there way to make Irish Cream. I actually thought - really - you can make Irish Cream. But the more I thought about it, I realized that was a really stupid comment. You can virtually make anything you want if you want to take the time to do so. So the next day at work, I got my very own bottle of homemade Irish Cream from this little ol' gal and it was devine - absolutely devine. It was the best Irish Cream I've ever had. I really enjoy a good bottle of Irish Cream but I don't treat myself to it very often because the good stuff can be quite pricey. However - I was lucky enough to get the recipe to share with all of you. I'm not sure I'll ever buy Irish Cream again.

Irish Cream
makes 1 quart

1/2 cup White Rum
3/4 cup Whiskey (any kind)
2 cups Half and Half
1 small can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons Chocolate Syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla

Put in a blender and blend away. Store in a quart jar and use at your leisure. Make sure to keep it refrigerated.

No comments: